Flavorful cauliflower side from ministry of curry.com
Aloo GobhiPrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets cut into big 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium potato peeled and cut into thin wedges, I use russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mild Kashmiri red chili powder Less if using a spicier chili powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garam masala Add 1/2 for a medium spicy curry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- cilantro for garnish
Turn the Instant Pot to Sauté mode and heat oil. Add cumin seeds. Sauté for 30 seconds.
Add onions and mix well. Cook covered with a glass lid on for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, mix and cook covered for another minute.
Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt. Add potato and cauliflower florets. Add 1 tablespoon of water. Mix well.
Put the Instant Pot lid on with pressure valve to sealing. Select Pressure Cook / Manual (Hi) for 3 minutes. Note: Cook for only 2 mins if you like cauliflower to be more firm.
Press Cancel to turn the Instant Pot off. Quick Release and stir gently. Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with naan, paratha or toasted pita bread.