Similar to Panang Curry, but a few we add a small amount of Ramen Noodles instead of serving over rice.
Thai Red Curry SoupPrint Recipe
- For Pressure Cooking:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Maesri Thai red curry paste adjust to taste, it's a bit on the spicier side
- 2 cloves garlic grated or ground, or 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 inch ginger grated or ground, or 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 cups chicken broth or Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce skip for vegetarian/vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 stalk of lemongrass cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro to be added as-is
- Add after opening lid (on SAUTE mode):
- 2 oz. Pad Thai brown rice noodles about 1/4 of the box
- 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 small onion sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small bell pepper sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 zucchini sliced in half-moons (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 carrot sliced in half-moons about 1/2 cup
- 1 can cut baby corn rinsed and drained
- 1/2 can Coconut Milk stir well before adding
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
Prep all the vegetables and protein of your choice. Heat oil on SAUTE mode in Instant Pot. Add red curry paste, ground ginger and garlic and chicken pieces. Saute chicken in the aromatics for 30-45 seconds. Add broth and all the other ingredients listed under "For Pressure Cooking". Stir well. Close lid. Cancel SAUTE. Set pressure knob to 'sealing' position. Pressure cook on Manual/Pressure Cook for 5 minutes on high pressure.
Manually release pressure by turning the knob to venting position. If your pot is too full, to prevent soup splatter, turn the knob half way between sealing and venting. This causes the pressure to release slowly and soup doesn't splash through the knob. Open lid after the pin drops.
Using long tongs or a fork, remove the cilantro bunch. Add rice noodles, Thai basil, veggies, coconut milk and simmer on SAUTE mode for 3-4 minutes, or till noodles cook through. Add honey and squeeze in juice of half a lime. Using the tongs, remove the lemongrass stems. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve warm!